Established in 2013
StrideRidge is a leather goods shop located in southern Ontario, Canada.
Our leather goods are made here in Canada with a tremendous attention to detail. The owner of StrideRidge makes the products sold by this shop.
Leather items have a great appeal, history, smell, feel, and personal connection with their owners. Many of us have memories of that leather journal, first baseball glove, wallet, bag, or other leather items that appealed to us and we likely carried with us everywhere. I know I did.
I’m thrilled that everyone who uses StrideRidge leather products, knows they are getting an authentically handmade piece worthy of someone who appreciates the quality that will last a lifetime.
StrideRidge products are durable, supple, and well made to last the test of time and daily use. Customers that use these products have a personal connection with the designs.
Going the extra distance to make leather items based on customer requested designs is one huge part of why customers keep coming back to StrideRidge.
StrideRidge uses two different kinds of leather from the following Tanneries; Wickett and Craig as well as Horween.
• Horween • Wickett & Craig of America
Thank you for visiting StrideRidge!
Frequently Asked Questions
StrideRidge uses two different kinds of leather from the following Tanneries:
• Wickett and Craig • Horween.Sometimes, StrideRidge will create limited releases of various other high-quality leather items. Each will describe the leather and tannery used.
• HorweenA little bit more about Horweenin their own words: "Horween Leather Company was founded in 1905. For more than 100 years and five generations, our goal has been to make the world's best leather. Making the best means doing lots of little things right. It means never mistaking fastest or cheapest with the best. It means always using formulas that do not cut corners and choosing components strictly for their quality." (Source: Horween)
• Wickett & Craig of AmericaA little bit more about Wickett & Craig in their own words: "Wickett & Craig, established in 1867 and based in the USA. Primarily, we use the English Bridle leather, and we have it prepared for us in a variety of thicknesses appropriate to the designs we sell. Established in 1867, Wickett & Craig is the leading North American producer of vegetable-tanned leathers used in the manufacture of personal leather goods and equestrian products. Our tannery has been creating the finest quality leathers for discerning customers worldwide for over a century. Our production staff is comprised of knowledgeable, experienced and environmentally conscious professionals who take great pride in producing natural vegetable-tanned leathers of incomparable quality and beauty. For over 120 years, tanning operations were conducted at the original location in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In 1990, Wickett & Craig relocated to Curwensville, PA, USA. The current tannery is a 180,000 square foot, state-of-the-art, environmentally-conscious facility.” English Bridle is a vegetable-tanned leather that is drum dyed, hot stuffed, and fully finished. Environmentally friendly, natural Veg-Tanning results in a leather product of superior quality. The leather is supple but holds its shape very well. This leather has been used over the years in anything from strap goods in the equestrian trade to high-end fashion projects, this leather has stood the test of time. " (Source: Wicket & Craig)
- Most items are ready to ship in 1 to 3 business days after the order is received.
- The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For item specific times, see the individual item descriptions during the check-out window.